Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot

As a caregiver, you have options to come to Canada to become a permanent resident or work temporarily.

As of June 18, 2019, you may be able to apply for permanent residence through the Home Child Care Provider Pilot or Home Support Worker Pilot if you:

  • meet the eligibility requirements, and
  • have a job offer to work in one of these occupations

Through these pilots, you’ll get an open work permit to come to Canada and work temporarily. This work permit:

  • is occupation-restricted (so you have to work in that specific occupation)
  • doesn’t need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
  • let’s you get the work experience you need to be eligible for permanent residence

The Home Child Care Provider Pilot and the Home Support Worker Pilot are 5-year pilot programs that let qualified caregivers and their family members come to Canada with the goal of becoming permanent residents. Under the new pilots, applicants will be assessed for permanent residence criteria before they begin working in Canada. Once the caregiver has their work permit and 2 years of work experience, they will have access to a direct pathway to become a permanent resident. These pilot programs include:

  • Occupation-specific work permits for caregivers, providing the ability to change jobs quickly when necessary.
  • Open work permits for spouses/common-law partners and study permits for dependent children, to allow the caregiver’s family to accompany them to Canada.


Genuine and valid job offer

The job you’re offered must be:

  • full-time, which means at least 30 hours of paid work each week
  • from a Canadian employer

The job you’re offered must be in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) job that matches the pilot you apply for:

Home child care provider (NOC 4411)

  • You must care for children under the age of 18 in your own home or in your employer’s home

Home support worker (NOC 4412)

  • You must care for someone who needs help from a home support worker either in your own home or in your employer’s home

Ability to do the work

We use any past experience or training you have to decide if you’re able to do the work.

Language levels

You need to take a language test to prove you meet the minimum language skills.

To measure your English or French skills, we use:

IELTS:   Reading :4.0 Writing/Listening/Speaking: 5.0


You must have a completed post-secondary education credential of at least 1 year in Canada. If you don’t have a Canadian education credential, you need to get your foreign education credential assessed to show that it’s equal to a completed Canadian post-secondary education credential of at least 1 year.

Aksis Offices in Iran

Aksis Office in Canada

Aksis office: +1 (604) 800-1267
Whatsapp Text messages ONLY
Email:    Info@ AksisImmigration .com
تماس از طریق ایمیل info@AksisImmigration.com
تماس از طریق کانال تلگــــرام @AKSISGroup